Find all the terms and conditions of use of the YRIS service
Version 1.3 of January 2, 2023
On this page, the following terms have the meaning indicated below:
- “Mobile Application” means the mobile application that we make available to you to use the Identity Service and that can be downloaded from an application kiosk.
- “Best Practices” means the care, skill, diligence, prudence, efficiency, foresight, and timeliness that are reasonably expected of a service provider comparable to the Identity Service.
- “General Conditions” means this document.
- “Contract” means the relationship between you and us, governed by the Terms and Conditions
- “Data and Information” means all data and information you provide to us to enable verification of your identity, data, and information extracted or inferred by us, data and information relating to your use of the Identity Service.
- “Frequently Asked Questions” or “FAQ” means the frequently asked questions provided on the website to answer questions you may have about the Identity Service and its use.
- “France Connect” is the platform provided by the French government allowing users to identify themselves in order to access various public and private services online. For more information, please visit the service description website at https://franceconnect.gouv.fr.
- “Digital Identity” means your unique user profile provided by us after verification of your identity based on the Data and Information you have provided.
- “We” as well as its declensions refers to ARIADNEXT, a simplified joint stock company with a capital of 114,300 euros, registered in the Rennes Trade Register under the number 520 769 225, having its registered office at 122 rue Robert Keller, 35510 Cesson-Sévigné, in France.
- “Mobile Operator” means a 2G or higher mobile telephone operator.
- “In Writing” means any written communication, whether electronic or by mail.
- “Service”, “Identity Service” or “Digital Identity Service” means the “YRIS” digital identity service as described on the Website.
- “Third Party Service” means a service provider of which you are or wish to be a user and which directs you to the Identity Service to obtain or verify your identity.
- “Website” means the website and more generally the web pages through which we provide the Identity Service or associated support services. It can be accessed at https://www.yris.eu/en/
- “Support” means the support service we provide to answer your questions and help you resolve any difficulties you may encounter while using the Identity Service.
- “User” means a user of the Website, Mobile Application or Identity Service.
- “You” and its variations refers to you as a user of the Website, the Mobile Application or the Identity Service.
2. Contract and application scope
By initiating the creation of a Digital Identity via the Mobile Application, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions will continue to apply whether or not your Digital Identity creation is successful.
These Terms and Conditions govern your entire relationship with us for the use of the Identity Service, unless otherwise agreed by us in writing. Your use of the Identity Service constitutes your unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
You may not transfer any of the rights granted to you under these Terms and Conditions to any other person.
We reserve the right to unilaterally modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. The modified Terms and Conditions will be applicable as soon as they are published on the Website. Such changes may be due to, for example, an update of the Website, the Mobile Application, the Identity Service, regulations or our agreements with third parties.
It is important that you check the General Conditions regularly. You can check for changes to the Terms and Conditions by consulting the version and update date mentioned at the beginning of the Terms and Conditions. You will be informed of any significant changes by a notification on the website and/or by e-mail and/or by a notification on the Mobile Application.
In the event that you do not agree to the change in the Terms and Conditions, you must stop using the Service and delete your Digital Identity using the Mobile Application. Use of your Digital Identity after this notification constitutes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to unilaterally modify the Website, Mobile Application or Identity Service at any time. We will attempt to ensure, if possible, that such changes do not materially affect the nature of the Identity Service provided to you, but such changes may be made at our sole discretion and without liability to you.
In order to be admissible, all communications between you and us must be written in the French language.
Questions about the Digital Identity Service should be addressed to us using the contact form available on the Website.
3. Identity service
The Identity Service is described on the Website.
Your eligibility for the Service is subject to all of the following conditions:
- using an iOS or Android smartphone with a rear and front camera,
- the use of an e-mail address
- possession of a mobile phone number with one of the following codes:
- Afghanistan (+93), Albania (+355), Algeria (+213), Germany (+49), Andorra (+376), Angola (+244), Anguilla (+1), Antigua and Barbuda (+1), Saudi Arabia (+966), Argentina (+54), Armenia (+374), Aruba (+297), Australia (+61), Austria (+43), Azerbaijan (+994), Bahamas (+1), Bahrain (+973), Bangladesh (+880), Barbados (+1), Belgium (+32) Belize (+501), Benin (+229), Bermuda (+1), Bhutan (+975), Belarus (+375), Bolivia (+591), Bosnia-Herzegovina (+387), Botswana (+267), Brazil (+55), Brunei Darussalam (+673), Bulgaria (+359), Burkina Faso (+226), Burundi (+257), Cambodia (+855), Cameroon (+237), Canada (+1), Cape Verde (+238), Chile (+56), China (+86), Cyprus (+357), Colombia (+57), Comoros (+269) Congo-Brazzaville (+242), Congo-Kinshasa (+243), South Korea (+82), Costa Rica (+506), Côte d’Ivoire (+225), Croatia (+385), Cuba (+53), Curaçao (+599), Denmark (+45), Dominica (+1) Egypt (+20), Ecuador (+593), Estonia (+372), Eswatini (+268), Vatican City State (+39), Ethiopia (+251), Spain (+34), United Arab Emirates (+971), Fiji (+679), Finland (+358), France (+33), Gabon (+241), Gambia (+220), Georgia (+995), Ghana (+233), Gibraltar (+350), Greece (+30), Grenada (+1), Greenland (+299), Guadeloupe (+590), Guam (+1), Guatemala (+502), Guernsey (+44), Guinea (+224), Equatorial Guinea (+240), Guinea-Bissau (+245), Guyana (+592), French Guyana (+594), Haiti (+509), Honduras (+504), Hungary (+36), Christmas Island (+61), Isle of Man (+44), Åland Islands (+358), Cayman Islands (+1), Cocos Islands (+61), Cook Islands (+682), Faroe Islands (+298), Falkland Islands (+500), British Virgin Islands (+1), India (+91), Indonesia (+62), Iraq (+964), Iran (+98), Ireland (+353), Solomon Islands (+677), Turks and Caicos Islands (+1), Iceland (+354), Israel (+972), Italy (+39), Jamaica (+1), Japan (+81), Jersey (+44), Jordan (+962), Kazakhstan (+7), Kenya (+254) Laos (+856), Lesotho (+266), Latvia (+371), Lebanon (+961), Liberia (+231), Libya (+218), Liechtenstein (+423), Lithuania (+370), Luxembourg (+352), North Macedonia (+389), Madagascar (+261), Malaysia (+60), Malawi (+265), Maldives (+960), Mali (+223), Malta (+356), Morocco (+212), Martinique (+596), Mauritius (+230), Mauritania (+222), Mayotte (+262) Mexico (+52), Moldova (+373), Monaco (+377), Mongolia (+976), Montenegro (+382), Montserrat (+1), Mozambique (+258), Namibia (+264), Nepal (+977), Nicaragua , +505), Niger (+227), Nigeria (+234), Norway (+47), New Caledonia (+687), New Zealand (+64), Oman (+968), Uganda (+256), Uzbekistan (+998), Pakistan (+92), Panama (+507), Papua New Guinea (+675), Paraguay (+595), Netherlands (+31), Caribbean Netherlands (+599), Peru (+51), Philippines (+63), Poland (+48), French Polynesia (+689), Portugal (+351), Qatar (+974) Hong Kong SAR of China (+852), Macau SAR of China (+853), and the United States of America (+854). (+853), Central African Republic, +236), Romania (+40), United Kingdom (+44), Russia (+7), Rwanda (+250), Western Sahara (+212), Saint Barthélemy (+590), Saint Kitts and Nevis (+1), San Marino (+378), Saint Martin (+590), Saint Martin (Dutch part) (+1), Saint Vincent and the Grenadines (+1), Saint Lucia (+1), El Salvador (+503), Samoa , +685), American Samoa (+1), Sao Tome and Principe (+239), Senegal (+221), Serbia (+381), Seychelles (+248), Sierra Leone (+232), Singapore (+65), Slovakia , +421), Slovenia (+386) Somalia (+252), Sudan (+249), Sri Lanka (+94), Sweden (+46), Switzerland (+41), Suriname (+597), Svalbard and Jan Mayen (+47), Syria (+963), Tajikistan (+992) Taiwan (+886), Tanzania (+255), Chad (+235), Czech Republic (+420), British Indian Ocean Territory (+246), Palestinian Territories (+970), Thailand (+66), East Timor (+670), Togo (+228), Tonga (+676), Trinidad and Tobago (+1), Tunisia (+216), Turkmenistan (+993), Turkey (+90), Ukraine (+380), Uruguay (+598), Vanuatu (+678), Venezuela (+58), Viet Nam (+84), Yemen (+967), Zambia (+260), Zimbabwe (+263).
To use the Identity Service through France Connect, you must also be registered in the National Register of Identification of Natural Persons (RNIPP) maintained by INSEE.
When you initiate the creation of a Digital Identity with the Identity Service, verification processing of your identity is performed immediately based on the analysis and validation of documents and information you have submitted as well as documents and information from other sources. This verification process may be partially automated and ultimately requires the intervention of our employees for validation. If the verification process results in the validation of your identity, your Digital Identity will be created and available for use immediately. The decision whether or not to create your Digital Identity is ours alone.
The login details that allow you to use your Digital Identity are strictly personal and confidential. Sharing this information with any other person or entity is not permitted. You must take all reasonable steps to prevent misuse, theft or loss of this information.
You are free to stop using the Identity Service at any time.
You can delete your Digital Identity at any time by using the function available on the Mobile Application. Such deletion will result in the deletion of all your personal data in the Identity Service, except for those data that must be kept for auditing purposes, in accordance with French law.
We reserve the right to delete or suspend your Digital Identity effective immediately without notice to you if your messages to our employees are deemed harassing, threatening, or abusive. Any continued abuse, threatening behavior or harassment will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
We reserve the right to delete or suspend your Digital Identity with immediate effect without notice to you if we know or suspect that the Data or Information provided during identity verification is false or falsified, or if we know or suspect that the result of the verification of your identity was not successful. We reserve the right to report any attempted identity theft or falsification to the appropriate authorities.
We reserve the right to delete or suspend your Digital Identity effective immediately without notice to you if we know or suspect that you are in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to retain some or all of your Personal Data, as well as other evidence and data, to enable Us to respond to potential claims for a retention period of seven (7) years from the end of the first day after the Identity Service ends, or such longer period as is necessary to resolve any dispute, claim, negotiation, audit, proceeding or other investigation requiring your Data.
5. Revocation of your YRIS electronic means of identification
We provide you with an online service that allows you to quickly revoke your YRIS identification in case of loss, theft of your terminal or any other event that may affect your security.
In order to perform this operation, after entering the telephone number associated with the account, you must complete a remote identity verification process to ensure that you are the legitimate owner of the account you wish to revoke. Once the transmitted identity data is verified, a strict comparison is made between the extracted identity attributes and those referenced on your account. If there is a match, the credential is revoked and becomes unusable.
This revocation service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be accessed at https://app.yris.eu.
You can also make your revocation request via the contact form available at the following address: https://www.yris.eu/en/contact/
In this case, additional information, including copies of your credentials, will be requested in order to ensure that you are the legitimate holder of the credential before our support proceeds with the revocation of your YRIS electronic means of identification.
6. Our Obligations
We aim to provide the Identity Service around the clock, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, we do not guarantee the availability of the Service. You agree that the Service may be subject to temporary interruptions making it unavailable.
We reserve the right to limit or discontinue access to the Identity Service for limited periods of time in order to perform technical maintenance or updates to the Service. We will endeavor to perform the operations requiring such limitations or interruptions of the Service during those time periods when it will adversely affect the least number of users of the Service.
7. Your Obligations
You agree to provide all documents, information and data necessary for us to establish and verify your identity. Otherwise, we will not be able to provide you with access to the Service. The Data and Information that may be requested from you is varied and may include personal information, images or videos of identity documents or other documents that verify your identity, information that may be contained in the chip of these documents, images or videos of You, transactions or requests for information from third parties.
You will ensure that all Data and Information submitted for enrollment in the Identity Service is true, accurate and complies with the requirements set forth by us.
You understand and agree that verification of your identity is a process that depends on your personal data, the Information and Documents you submit to the Service, the external conditions and the phone you use and therefore is a process that is unique to you. You agree that the process of verifying your identity cannot be compared to that of other users.
You agree to ensure and warrant that all Data, Documents and Information you provide to enable verification of your identity are correct, complete, accurate, current and in accordance with the requirements established by us.
You agree to notify us of any changes to the documents, Information or Data used to verify your identity. You agree to follow our instructions and requirements to update your Digital Identity as a result of such change.
You agree to follow our instructions and any reasonable requirements we may have regarding your use of the Identity Service, the Website, or the Mobile Application.
You are responsible for your YRIS PIN. It must not be disclosed to anyone. You must take all reasonable steps to prevent it from becoming known to anyone other than you. If you deliberately or negligently disclose it, we will not be liable for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result.
We shall not be liable for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result of the use of your PIN by anyone other than you, unless caused by our negligence. You must take all reasonable steps to prevent any further breach and to mitigate any damages resulting from such breach.
You agree to notify us immediately if you know or suspect that someone has obtained the means to access, use or misuse your Digital Identity. Any information you are required to disclose to us in this regard to identify the source of the security incident shall be treated by both you and us as strictly confidential in order to minimize any harm to you, us or third parties. You agree not to communicate to any third party about this incident until it has been resolved and until we have given you our consent.
You agree to notify us immediately if you know or suspect that the security of the Identity Service is at risk or if you know or suspect that a data breach has occurred or may occur. Any information you are required to provide to us in such a case to identify the source of the security incident shall be treated by you and us as strictly confidential in order to minimize any harm to you, us or third parties. We will take the necessary steps to inform any third parties involved. You agree not to communicate to any third party about this incident until it has been resolved and We have given you our consent.
You agree to immediately notify us of any violation of these Terms and Conditions and to provide us with a detailed description of such violation and any other relevant information. You shall take all reasonable steps to prevent further and/or continuing violations and take all reasonable steps to mitigate any damages resulting from such violation.
By using the Mobile Application, you acknowledge and agree that:
- We are in no way related, connected or affiliated with the smartphone application kiosks;
- access and use of the Mobile Application or Identity Service may be limited by your mobile operator;
- you will not be able to create a Digital Identity with YRIS if you do not have mobile access. Any traffic charges or access fees incurred as a result of using the Mobile Application are subject to the terms and conditions established by your Mobile Operator
- we are solely responsible for the distribution, functionality, performance, support, evolution and maintenance of the Mobile Application;
- you will be required to comply with the terms and conditions of the application kiosk from which you downloaded the Mobile Application.
You are prohibited from:
- copy, transmit, sell, publish or make profit from any content of the Website, the Mobile Application, or related documents;
- use the Service, the Website, the Mobile Application or the related documents in any way that causes or may cause damage, alter the performance, availability, security or performance of the Website, the Mobile Application or the Identity Service;
- run the Mobile Application in an emulator or on a jailbroken or rooted phone;
- decompile or disassemble the code of the Mobile Application or reverse engineer it;
- to attempt, by any means, to modify the nominal behavior of the Mobile Application;
- disclose a security breach without first notifying us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and obtaining our written consent to such disclosure.
Impersonation is a crime. You are prohibited from accessing the Service by impersonating another person or using a fictitious identity.
8. Privacy and Personal Data
You have the ability, when using the Mobile Application, to view the list of Third Party Services to whom you have given permission to access your identity information.
We store and process the Data and Information provided or used in the verification of your identity and data related to your use of the Identity Service in accordance with the appropriate data protection laws.
Both you and we are required to take all reasonable steps to protect the Information, Data and Digital Identity from unauthorized access, loss, damage, modification or unauthorized processing. In the event that this occurs, you must notify us immediately and provide us with information that enables us to identify the source of the unauthorized access, loss, damage, modification or unauthorized processing
9. Intellectual Property
All intellectual property rights associated with the Identity Service, the Mobile Application, the Website, or related materials remain our property at all times.
The right to use the Identity Service, the Mobile Application, the Website or related materials associated with the Identity Service does not require any transfer of intellectual property rights. We only provide a non-exclusive right to use the Identity Service, the Mobile Application, the Website or related materials related to the Identity Service. This right is granted to you personally and is not transferable to any other person.
You may not use or facilitate the use of the Identity Service, the Mobile Application, the Website or related materials by any third party, if such use would result in the infringement of our intellectual property rights.
We reserve the right to take all necessary measures to protect our intellectual property rights. You may not remove or otherwise circumvent these measures. These measures include removal of your Digital Identity and termination of the Agreement.
10. Responsibilities and Warranties
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability to:
- any breach of law by us or any of our subcontractors,
- any loss, unauthorized access or corruption of personal data held by us,
- any willful default on our part or on the part of any of our subcontractors. All other limitations of liability included in these Terms and Conditions shall be reasonable in light of the Service we provide to you.
We are not liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you that was not a reasonably foreseeable or obvious consequence of our breach of these Terms and Conditions, for example, where neither you nor we could have anticipated such loss before you used the Service or where it was not obvious that such loss would result.
We shall not be liable for damages resulting from events beyond our reasonable control or not caused directly by our actions.
We will not be liable for any consequential damages or damages caused by your failure to take appropriate steps to:
- mitigate these damages immediately after a damaging event has occurred,
- prevent further damage or consequential damage resulting from the initial event,
- inform us immediately of events that would result in damage and provide us with relevant information.
In all cases, our liability is limited to the usual and foreseeable damages. We cannot be held liable for commercial losses, such as loss of employment, loss of profits, loss of revenue, business interruption, loss of opportunity or reduction in the value of an asset, where the Identity Service is provided to you for your personal use as a consumer.
In no event shall we be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from:
- improper use of the Service, the Mobile Application or the Website by you,
- unauthorized use of the Service, the Mobile Application or the Website by you,
- incorrect data or information provided by you or data or information not provided within the time period we have set for you,
- failure by you to comply with your obligations under these Terms, including failure to cooperate,
- the failure or malfunction of the means of using the Service that You have chosen: your smartphone, your cell phone operator, etc., including the malfunction of the Internet,
- partial or total unavailability of the Service,
- unauthorized use, loss or theft of the means of authentication made available to you to use the Service,
- the shutdown or unavailability of third-party online tools,
- inability to access a third party service due to the non-functioning of the Identity Service.
Except as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions, our aggregate liability to you arising out of or in connection with the Identity Service shall not exceed €10 (ten Euros).
Any claim must be sent to us by registered mail to our head office within one year of the occurrence of the event.
We do not give any other guarantee and we do not make any other commitment than those explicitly provided for in these General Conditions.
11. Force Majeure
We will not be liable for any breach of these Terms and Conditions resulting from causes beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, requirements of law, power failure, improper operation of the Internet, computer and telecommunication facilities including your cell phone and SIM card, extreme weather conditions, fire, flood, war, strike, terrorism or general transportation problems, unavailability of one or more of our employees.
12. Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint about the Identity Service, please use the Website to contact us or alternatively send us a registered letter addressed to our head office.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by French law in respect and compliance with the application of European directives, in particular Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights with respect to privacy laws.
Any dispute that cannot be settled amicably will be brought before the competent judge of the place where we have our registered office. If the applicable provisions of French or European law determine that another judge is also competent, the case may also be brought before that judge. If the applicable provisions of French or European law determine that another judge has exclusive jurisdiction, the case may not be brought before that judge.
13. Other provisions
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or void, it will not affect the validity of any of the other provisions included in the Terms and Conditions. In such a case, we will amend these Terms and Conditions in order to achieve the same purpose and objective as the provision declared invalid.
A waiver of any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions or by law shall be effective only if in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default. The failure or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions or by law shall not constitute a waiver of such right or other remedy, nor shall it preclude or restrict any other exercise of such right or other remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy provided in these Terms and Conditions or by law shall preclude or restrict the further exercise of such right or other remedy.